HierCube for VCL
Easy and time-proved VCL OLAP components for creating OLAP applications in Delphi and C++ Builder.Works with a data source like a flat fact table that makes it easier to configure cube structure. Supports composite (multilevel) and hierarchical dimensions.Full Uniode support and advanced export abilities.
| Main features: |
- 100% Unicode support.
- Supports hierarchical dimensions described by "Parent-Child" relations. Both "balanced" and "unbalanced" hierarchies are supported. No restrictions for the amount of hierarchical levels.
- Supports "snowflake" schema.
- An ability to edit fact table data directly in OLAP-view.
- An ability to show several summaries and several aggregate function at the same time. To compare the values of neighbor cells or calculate cumulative sums can be used sub-functions. See the list of supported functions on the footnote.
- Calculated dimensions and range-based dimensions. An ability to use a summary as one of the cube dimensions.
- Three types of calculated summaries:
- Calculated from the fact table records
- Calculated using user formulas
- Calculated using user defined aggregate functions.
- Supports dimension attributes. Any field from the dimension table may be read from the fact table as a separate attribute of dimension and used later to describe dimension members more fully.
- Supports supersaturated cubes when one cube cell hold two or more values from the fact table.
- Using all MOLAP advantages with no problems, related with calculating of "sparse" cubes ("database explosion" and "cube sparsity"). HierCube works easy with hundreds of dimensions and, so solves tasks beyond of the strength of most of industrial OLAP-servers. There are no restrictions for the maximum cube capacity.
- High performance and very modest memory requirements: algorithms of calculating "on the fly" allow to process the fact table holding a million of records in a single second (excluding the time of data fetching). See benchmarks page for details.
- Works with any successor of standard TDataSet component, no BDE required. Works with unidirectional datasets (that "remember" only current database record) and datasets that "do not know" the full record count of an executed query.
- Supports saving to and reading from any component derived from TStream (including TFileStream). Allows to save the "history of analysis" (in other word different slices of the same cube) and switch between them later.
- Allows to fetch new data from the fact table or full refresh without closing the cube (at that the grid keeps the current slice).
- Supports user groups, sorting, filtering by dimension members. Can filter by any combination of dimension members in any dimension.
- Allows to display the current slice as a diagram (any TChart successor). Source code of the charting component are distributed free.
- Allows to copy the selected grid area into clipboard in different formats.
- Allows to export grid data to many formats: MS Excel (using OLE or directly to XLS-file), HTML, PDF, WMF, RTF, TXT, BMP, XML for Analysis, XML Spreadsheet, RaveReport, ReportBuilder, FastReport. Also supports direct drawing on printer Canvas.
- Easy localization. It is possible to localize the evaluation version as well.
- Supporting OS: Windows 2000 or above.